Saturday, November 29, 2008

I MADE it throught Thanksgiving ...With HONORS!

Okay...so I was really nervous to be in a house full of good food for an entire day ...especially the desserts. There was pumpkin pie and fudge. I ate a very small "dollup" of mashed potatoes with a "dribble" of gravy...no big deal. I made through the day thanks to humus and diet pepsi! Friday morning I woke up and decided to get on the scale...just to see...AMAZING! I had been rewarded for my earnestness! I had lost 5 more pounds...I was 240 Thursday morning and 235 Friday...I checked and rechecked the scale...HUGE WOOHOO! Given this now 15 pound weight loss ( Which I checked again this morning and is completely valid!) I thought I would try on some of the clothes I haven't been able to get into for over a year now...my size 16's! I can now wear the dress jackets and some of my jeans fit again! YAY! Another 20 pounds and I should be able to wear a 14...I can't even say how happy that makes me feel! It was so worth it to abstain form anything treat like for this holiday and I am motivated to make through this next big one!

2 comments:

..telicia.. said...

ohhh! that's so exciting! i'm happy for you!

LisaWinderFamily said...

Sheer willpower, sis, I am amazed. But I also have come to realize that family get togethers don't HAVE to revolve around food to be fun. Way to go rockstar!