It tok me 1 hour and 7 minutes! Great time for a "non-runner" like me:)
New goal: To run the Helvetia half marathon in May 2010
Plan: Train beginning now!
Expectations?: To run the entire half marathon, NO WALKING! No emphasis on time:)
Thoughts about running 6 1/2 miles today:
feet - check
hips - check
back - check
breathing - check
All in order and feeling GREAT! that is new and I attribute that accomplishment to losing so much of my girth!heh heh...
I love running outside! I can't run unless I have music, very motivating...must be pumping music! Hence my biggest THANKS to Dr. Dixson for giving me an IPOD Nano a month ago to thank me for my hard work in their home...so NICE! I will use it everyday forever!
I can't wait to do a 10 miler just to see how I feel afterward! This run today taught me a lot about running and about myself. I am in SPECTACULAR aerobic shape! I can just keep going but since I was on a time constraint I had to step it up and run faster than I thought I could to get it done. I learned I can push myself harder than I thought! I learned how to step longer with less effort to go faster...it is COOL! I learned about the runner's HIGH...it kicked in about mile 5...pretty cool and I started to run even faster! I felt like a PRO:)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! I didn't know such positive things could come from running--I didn't know anything positive could come from running! You are truly AMAZING. And I MISS YOU!
I am totally inspired by you! 6.5 miles is not just a stroll, way to go Danelle. You are strong! You are beautiful and since your back, knees, feet, ankles don't hurt now when you run, you can run! What a blessing!
Post a Comment