Saturday, June 13, 2009

Size 10??? Not quite yet...soon:)

I tried on the size 10's and they are very tight! I got them on and zipped but I am not going to buy them until they are more comfortable. I predict about 5 more pounds until that happens. I bought a 2 piece swimming suit/ tankini today! I got it at Target, of all places! Black bottoms and Black cinch top with white polka dots..WAY cute! I will take a picture in it tomorrow( I don't have the camera today) While it gets expensive to buy new clothes MAN IS IT FUN! I was looking in the dressing room mirrors at Target and got a good behind shot of myself in this new suit. I was startled to see I didn't look too bad. A little jiggly( to be expected for an almost40 year old woman who has birthed 4 children). I am not a tight little teenager anymore but I am so happy to see my new body. Peel off a Fat suit and realize how amazing you look and feel!

As far as my diet...I am sticking to my guns very strictly. This not easy, by any stretch of your imagination. It is hard to not eat after 5pm, bake for a family while you don't even eat the stuff. The smell of baking cookies is enough to kill a person with their own drool:) I am so determined...VERY VERY determined! A good friend asked me , recently, if not eating fun foods is worth it all? Don't I feel deprived? ( I admit I do sometimes, but not often)I have to say this:

YES IT IS WORTH IT!... and I wouldn't have it any other way. The more I resist the food that hurts me the stronger I become! It has developed a resolve that I have never had before! I know/trust myself now to be able to do ANYTHING I put my mind to! It feels AMAZING! Trusting yourself in a room full of wedding treats and cake everywhere is the most liberating and empowering experience I have had in years( first place goes to having babies..4 of them...without pain meds.) But saying no to food that feeds the FAT is INCREDIBLE!

If I could just individually take my loved ones who struggle with their own food demons aside and give them this one gift it would be TRUST YOURSELF!

LIFE ROCKS!

3 comments:

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

So becoming like that seems like stepping into the dark . . . or off a cliff. How in the world did you start this process? I'm becoming better in so many ways, but you blow me out of the water, Danelle!

Anonymous said...

Danelle,

Keep on Rockin'!

How do I "follow" your blog? I couldn't find the follow button.

Barb Vining

Trac said...

I'm glad you've come to this realization, and that you shared it! It is important to trust yourself. Way to go Danelle!